Thursday, November 05, 2009

I hate Blogger's new templates

As a former graphic artist, I'm horrified by the look of the title of my blog.

I clicked on "Customize" to jigger to look of the page, and up popped a box that warned me I could lose changes I'd made before. New and improved, of course.

I clicked OK and my blog title was never the same. I had three choices regarding the photo in the title space: Put the type over the photo, delete the photo, or replace the type with the photo. Huh!?!?!?

Also the profile section looks painfully dorky.

Not sure if the "fashion police" in my background can allow this look for long. I may be site shopping....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Interesting blog about the Rogers case... what a nasty business.

Regarding Blogger, I've always hated their templates, which is why I went with Wordpress instead. Do you know why Blogger always confines content to a narrow strip down the middle of the screen? That drives me crazy. All blog templates seem to do it to one degree or another, and I don't understand why.

Susan said...

Hey, Oak -- (or are you Thorn? ;-)

Thanks for reading, and for the comment. Not sure why most blogs go down the center of the page -- maybe it's something deep within the arcane technology. Your WordPress blog looks nice. If I get annoyed enough, I will likely switch...

S

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

Woo hoo, I'll be glad to help you style your blog -- Blogger actually has lots of good tools. The fixed-width, centered is only one; you can also go for full screen, but that's hard to read when you mainly have text. wordpress.com (not wordpress.org) you might like, too. diga me, Christine

Susan said...

Well, cool! I mainly don't like the header -- I want the type to go all the way across the way it does now, but have the photo "ghosted" in the background. That and the fragmented text around the photo in "About me" -- it would be better if the text just started below the pic.

So how do we do this?

Best,

Susan