Monday, November 02, 2009

Finally! Someone wants my side of the story

The ADA had told me I might be contacted by one or both sides of the case about my relationship with the Red Giant. Arriving back at my desk from a home visit, I found a voice mail from an investigator at the DA's office. I had liked him when he testified, and I happily called him back.

We went over all the basics -- I had indeed lived with the reporter in question, but had moved out of our shared space in January of '09. We are not and have not been married. I did not discuss the case with him while I was a juror. I told him how relieved I was that I could tell my side of the story, and put an end to the rumors. We joked that before the defense was done telling the story, I was sure to have been blogging from the jury box.

When I hung up, the co-worker in the neighboring cubicle "prairie-dogged" over the partition and said, "THAT sounded like an interesting phone call!" I filled him in.

No comments: