Sunday, August 13, 2006

So Long, Falstaff (I can't say goodbye)

After a couple of months of advertising and postering and posting on the web, a mixed-breed rescue group out of Lake County (northeast of us) has room for Falstaff. I'm supposed to bring him to them tomorrow afternoon.

He's been so much better for the last month, even coming back to check in when we're on off-leash walks.

So now the second-guessing starts, the self-doubt. Was I really just not patient enough, didn't I have enough faith, was growing up all that was needed, am I just repeating some old losses (moving a lot, other wounds)? Am I incapable of crafting a long-lasting relationship? Do I have the right to set my own terms for a canine companion? People who know me and have seen me with him have laughed at the mismatch, yet the doubts continue....

No comments: