Monday, August 28, 2006

More Falstaff updates

here is where Falstaff is listed by the rescue group.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6856151

Lydia, who runs Special Pets Rescue, sent me email saying that Falstaff was having a test visit with a Bay Area couple who are crazy about him. In her next email, she asked if I was open to fostering because I'd done such a good job with Falstaff. I nearly cried, having felt like such a total failure with him the whole time -- I told her it was largely Frank and his mom who civilized the dog. But it did give me new confidence.

And, aha! I saw a pattern: I've quit a few jobs in my life, based on how I felt inside about them, which was totally lousy, only to have people say, oh, you were doing such a good job, why do you want to leave. What's the lesson here? Ask for more feedback? Do a satisfaction survey? Assume that unless I hear otherwise, I'm doing fine? My default setting is just the opposite. And even when I get good feedback, I still feel like an impostor. "Boy, am I fooling them." Can I get an amen?

No comments: