Monday, June 27, 2005

Today's Tight Itinerary

This morning I got new eyes at 8:45. Glasses AND contacts are now updated, so I can see the world again. Whew, all that foliage out my office window -- I was missing that.

Work has its usual share of bizaare-nesses -- a client and a caregiver feuding, with me in the middle. The last supervisor did all the communicating between client and attendant, I prefer to let them talk to each other. Whatever I do, I'm wrong anyway, so tra-la-la.

At 1:30, I go for a brain-drug check. My anti-depressant and anti-anxiety meds are working well, so I'll tell him that and get charged $45 for the 5 minutes.

But after that, things get interesting. I have a job interview at 2:30 with the Mendocino Art Center. They need someone to do publicity. I know the executive director from another context (I babysat her 40 chickens, pot-belly pig, and several dogs and cats a few times). Hopefully the image of me with mud and chicken feed on my jeans will be erased by my current gussied-up state!

The bottom line is I have to believe in the work I'm doing, and the more I see around here (at the home health company) the less I want to be associated with it, the more I want to have an organization I can respect and be proud of. I know there will be challenges anywhere, I'm just looking for a place where I don't feel morally challenged on a daily basis....

No comments: